Peanut Butter Cookies
These are not your average chocolate chip cookies, you will never guess what the secret ingredient is. It's a source of protein, packed full of fibre and you probably already have these lying around.
1 400g can of white cannellini beans
1/4 cup of peanut butter (we love and recommend Pics Peanut Butter)
1 heaped tablespoon GF all purpose baking flour
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of cacao nibs (or use a bar of 70+ % dark chocolate broken into chunks)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
To serve (optional)
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line and/or lightly grease a baking tin.
2. Drain the liquid from the cannellini beans and lightly pat the beans dry using kitchen roll.
3. Add the cannellini beans, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, baking powder and vanilla powder/extract to a food processor and blitz until the mixture is well combined and starts to becomes fairly smooth, but making sure it is still quite thick in consistency.
4. Remove the dough mixture from the food processor and stir through the chocolate chunks.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the lined/greased baking tray and then press the mixture down into a round cookie shape using the back of the tablespoon. Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
6. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and cook for 35 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies look crispy and they are golden in colour.
7. When they are cooked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool. Make sure you let them cool before trying to move them so they don't break apart.
8. Once they have cooled, drizzle a little peanut butter over the cookies and then top with a few chocolate chunks a some sea salt.