top of page

Concerned about a healthcare practitioner’s standard of care or conduct?


The Code of Conduct for non-registered health practitioners sets out what you can expect from health practitioners. If you are concerned about the health service that was provided to you or another person talk to the practitioner immediately. In most cases the practitioner will try to resolve your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the practitioner’s response, contact the Enquiry Service of the Health Care Complaints Commission toll free on 1800 043 159 for a confidential discussion about the issues and how the Commission may be able to assist. If your complaint is about sexual or physical assault or relates to the immediate health or safety of a person, you should contact emergency services and the Commission immediately.


About the Health Care Complaints Commission

The Health Care Complaints Commission is an independent body that acts to protect public health and safety by resolving, investigating and prosecuting complaints about health care. The Commission’s overarching aim is to protect the health and safety of individuals and the community.


Service in other languages

The Commission uses interpreting services to assist people whose first language is not English. If you need an interpreter, please contact the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 and ask to be connected to the Health Care Complaints Commission on 1800 043 159 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday).


More information For more information about the Health Care Complaints Commission, please visit the website


Contact the Health Care Complaints Commission

To make a complaint, visit and click ‘make a complaint’.


For any questions or to seek more information, our enquiry service can be contacted on:

• (02) 9219 7444, select option 1

• Toll Free in NSW: 1800 043 159, select option 1

• TTY (02) 9219 7555

• by email to

• Postal address: PO Box K549 HAYMARKET NSW 1240.

bottom of page