200g desiccated coconut
110g maple syrup
3 tbsp almond or coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla essence or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
Tiny pinch of salt
3 tbsp almond meal
2 tbsp chia seeds
Zest of one lemon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line and/or lightly grease a baking tin.
2. Add the maple syrup, milk, vanilla, salt, chia, lemon juice and lemon zest to a saucepan. Whisk everything together over a low heat.
3. Once everything is well mixed, remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the desiccated coconut and almond meal. Fold these through until they are well combined with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Shape the mixture into even balls using a small ice cream scoop or your hands and spread out evenly on a lined baking tray.
4. Put the baking tray in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes, making sure you keep a close eye on them as they can turn very quickly.
5. Once lightly golden on top, remove from the oven. They need to cool in order to hold their shape so avoid handling until cooled.