Black Bean Brownies
800g` of black beans, soaked over night
6 organic eggs
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cocoa butter, grass fed butter or coconut oil, melted
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
1. Rinse the black beans and place in a large bowl, covered with filtered water. Leave to soak overnight (or for a minimum of 12 hours).
2. Once ready to cook, strain and rinse the black beans and boil until cooked (approximately 45 minutes), making sure they is always plenty of water in the pan.
3. Preheat oven to 180c
4. In a food processor, add eggs and sugar. Beat until doubled in volume.
5. Add beans, salt, cocoa powder + butter/oil. Blitz until combined.
6. Pour into a brownie tray lined with baking paper.
7. Sprinkle top with macadamias and salt.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. You want them to still to be moist and gooey. ⠀