1 cup whole rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 cups of whole milk or non dairy milk such as coconut or almond
1 tablespoon of chia seeds or LSA (optional)
1 teaspoon of grass fed butter or coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sweetener (honey or maple syrup)
To serve: warmed mixed berries, grated apple or chopped banana and a mix of raw nuts, seeds and coconut.
1. Soak the oats in a bowl with enough water to cover them overnight.
2. In the morning, strain the soaking water away.
3. Bring 1 cup of milk to simmer then add the oats. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
4. Once finished cooking, add the butter and stir it through the oats.
4. Serve with fruit of choice, LSA or chia, nut and seed mix, and a drizzle of your chosen sweetener.
Image via Pinterest