Healthy Fish Pie
300g boneless white fish (ling, john dory, flathead, barramundi, snapper) and/or green prawns
For the sauce:
25g grass ged butter
2 tablespoon of wholewheat, spelt or buckwheat flour
200ml whole organic milk
100ml organic cream
200ml chicken broth (homemade)
Handful of parsley, finely chopped
For the topping:
1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets
1 leek, roughly chopped with green tips removed
1. Preheat a oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, over medium heat.
3. Once melted, add the flour to form a paste. Gradually pour in the milk and cream and whisking as you go. The sauce will begin thicken.
4. Add 100ml of the chicken broth then add the all the fish/prawns and simmer on low to medium heat for 15 minutes, adding more chicken broth as needed.
5. To make the cauliflower mash topping, steam the cauliflower and leek together for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and put in a food processor with a pinch of salt. Blitz until smooth, adding a little olive oil if needed to blend.
7. Stir in the parsley to the fish and sauce then remove from stove top.
8. Pour into a casserole or gratin dish then add the cauliflower mash on top.
9. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and bake in over for 20- 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
10. Serve with some steamed broccoli or peas.