Chicken Liver Pate
500 grams of organic chicken livers, trimmed
50 grams of organic butter, plus extra melted for sealing pate
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 red onion, finely diced
1 sprig of thyme
1. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat, then add onions and thyme.
2. Cook until soft, then add the chicken livers.
3. Cook until brown all over but still slightly pink on inside.
4. Transfer cooked livers and onions to a food processor.
5. Add the boiled eggs and blitz until smooth.
6. Transfer into a bowl or storage containers (I like to portion out into little pyrex containers and freeze).
7. Pour a little melted butter on top of the pate to seal it.
Allow to cool to room temperature and the store in fridge for up to 3-4 days or freezer for up to 7 months.