285g blanched almond meal
150g coconut sugar (loving earth brand)
100mls extra virgin olive oil
5 organic eggs, separated
1 carrot, grated
1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon of each: cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ginger powder
1 250g block of cream cheese or formage blanc (I use highland organics)
Juice & rind of 1 organic lemon
2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 25cm round springform pan.
2. In a separate bowl, using electric beaters or a kitchen aid whisk egg whites until they hold firm peaks.
3. Mix the olive oil and sugar together until well combined.
4. Add eggs yolks one at a time, continuing to mix.
5. Then add in the almond meal, walnuts, baking powder, spices and grated carrot. Mix well.
6. Fold in egg whites a little at a time.
7. Pour mix into the baking pan and cook for 40 minutes in a fan force oven.
To make the icing, mix all the ingredients together and then ice cake using a spatula once cooled.
The cake will store in the fridge for 3-4 days.