600g mixed dried fruit (I used cherries, apricots, raisins and sultanas)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1/2 cup brandy or whisky⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 tsp ground cinnamon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 tsp ground nutmeg⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 tbsp orange marmalade or zest of 1 orange⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
250g lightly toasted and crushed, walnuts (or any other nut)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
400g almond meal
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. Soak the fruit in a large bowl with the brandy or whisky for a few hours or overnight.
3. Using a food processor, add all the remaining ingredients except the crushed nuts. Blitz until combined well. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Add the batter to the soaked fruit and fold in the crushed nuts. Mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to a well greased cake tin. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Cook for 50-60 minutes.
7. Allow to cool on a calling rack then serve with thicken cream, homemade custard or ice-cream.