Milder than your usual babaganoush, this is a great little snack to share with your little one. Let a younger baby lick off a crusty piece of sourdough bread or for older babies serve with softened vegetable sticks.
1 whole eggplant
1 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of both whole milk
organic yogurt and hulled tahini (for dairy free use coconut yogurt or make without yogurt)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Prick the eggplant a few times with a folk.
2. Wrap in foil and place in a hot oven and roast until skin blackens (approx 20-30 minutes).
3. Remove from the oven and leave the eggplant to cool.
4. Once cooled, cut the eggplant open and scoop out the flesh. The eggplant should feel smooth.
5. Remove the skin from the eggplant and discard.
5. In bowl or food processor, add lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, yogurt and garlic clove. Mix together until all the ingredients are mixed together and the texture is smooth.
Will keep for 1 week in fridge.