This skillet cookie is so quick and easy to make. It’s perfectly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, and you can eat it straight out of the pan. Plus, it sure beats shaping individual cookies!
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
4 heaped tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp each of Pistachios and dried cranberries
pinch sea salt
Full fat yoghurt or coconut cream to serve (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Melt the coconut oil. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer or food processor, mix the melted coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix gently until combined, then stir in the cranberry and pistachios. If the mixture is a little too wet, gradually add in extra arrowroot flour until a desired cookie dough consistency is reached.
5. Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes and then scoop mix into a well greased skillet pan.
6. Place skillet in the oven and bake until golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre, approximately 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favourite full fat yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.