These are very versatile meat balls. They are packed full of protein and (hidden) vegetables. They make a good family dinner with a side salad and roast vegetables, a quick nutrition filled snack, or a protein hit for kids lunch boxes. You can make a double batch and store in freezer or cook for dinner the night before and take for lunch the next day.
500g organic chicken (i use thigh as it's higher in iron). You could also use beef, lamb or pork.
1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs, sourdough crumbs or polenta
1 cup of mixed grated/finely chopped vegetables (i used corn and zucchini). You could also use some grated apple and carrot, if you like your meatballs a little sweeter.
1 clove of minced garlic
Handful of parsley, coriander or chives, fine chopped.
1 brown onion finely diced
1 whole egg
25g of butter, coconut oil or ghee
1. Place chicken in a food processor and blitz until you create mince.
2. Add vegetables, garlic, herb/s, onion, egg and crumbs or polenta to food processor and blitz again for 10 secs or until combined.
3. Roll into small balls (wet your hands a little so mixture doesn't stick to them)
4. Melt butter, ghee or coconut oil in a large frying pan on medium heat
5. Place the meat balls into the frying pan and turn as needed
6. They are done once golden brown on all sides and cooked through (10 minutes approx)